Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hello Friends! I have a lot of big news this week:

1. I am finally an official Servantworks missionary! which means I can receive Tax Deductable Donations. I do have some money saved up from my waitressing days to help cover immediate costs, but because I will not receive pay for the work I will be doing over these next 14 months I am in need of financial assistance. I have posted how to donate under "How You Can Help," which is just to the right of this text.

2. I have bought plane tickets! I will fly out of Los Angeles on January 17th (after driving across the country with my college friend Sally who is moving there for a different kind of mission. Check out her blog: http://sallyamorson.blogspot.com/)

3. I am soaking up every minute of the holiday visits with friends and family! This week I have spent such wonderful time with college and high school friends and of course, mom, dad, sister, brother reid and the heard of dogs!

2 comments:

  1. Just a couple of days now before you (Skye) leave by car for LA and hop that plane to Thailand. You had great insight to plan your departure for after the Auburn Tigers vs The intolerably vicious Ducks game. Very wise to plan your life around Auburn football:>) Your Mother & I will be sending in our donation to Servantworks today on your behalf. We are impressed that you are able to pay for half of this mission trip with your hard earned waitressing money. Well done! Ours hearts and prayers are with you all the way, every day. May God keep you in his loving care for the duration. Much Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete