Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And the journey begins...

I'm all packed up! I will be leaving Birmingham tomorrow for a fourish day trip across the country. Sally, Heather, and I will be driving long days and staying the nights in hotels. We are hoping to stop at the grand canyon for a little hike and land in Los Angeles, CA on sunday. I fly out of LA Monday morning at 11.20am. After many hours of traveling, I will be greeted by one of the kind workers from The Well with whom I have been communicating over the past couple of weeks.

I have recently learned that there will be another intern at The Well during a similar time-frame as me. She is a recent graduate from a university in Texas where she studied metalworking and jewelry making. She will be sharing her skills with the women who are studying jewelry making. It will be nice to have an instant companion.

I am excited to share a link my mother found of where I will be in Wamba!
And for any of you who speak Italian... feel free to send me a detailed translation report;) The long awaited conversation with Sister Linda (my contact with Wamba Hospital) happened this week! I found out a lot of important information like: I will have my own space with a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen; the best form of communication is cell phone; And I will have very limited internet access (a matter of hours per month, I think).

I am 75% of the way to my financial goal, which is a wonderful start! Please feel free contact me with any questions regarding my financial plan/budget or needs! Skyelc@gmail.com

Excitedly beginning,
Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment