Friday, June 17, 2011

Telling the peeps...

Hello again Blog followers!

These past few entries will set records for newsiness. A few weeks ago, Liam and I announced our engagement and now, I announce my return to the states! I have purchased a one-way ticket to D.C. with no present plans of retuning to Kenya. This decision comes with a plethora of mixed feelings: excitement, anxiety, failure, disappointment... I have developed many wonderful relationships here with my neighbors and the sisters and even some of the students at the nursing school, and oh! the children who have kept my joy in their smiles and excitement! I will be leaving the hospital on good terms, but I can't help but feel like I should stay and attempt to save the world! But, oh relief! The messiah has already done that!

Though these past few weeks of deciding have been difficult, I am joyous and resting in this unexpected change - knowing the most difficult challenges will come upon me in the future months as I try to gracefully reintegrate into American society.

I will be in the deep south for the first half of July and hope to see many of you confederates then! Stay tuned, I will continue updaying for a while still.

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited that you will be home soon. Come home and swim in a crystal clear, cool, pool and drink all the clean well water you can hold! I love you!

    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just remembered that you had a blog! haven't read it, possibly ever! i'll add you to my "feed." welcome home! i can relate to your emotions of leaving your position... but on to new adventures, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skye, I can understand your wide range of emotions. I, too, had a rather sudden and unexpected return to the States after spending 10 years in Africa. In the midst of my discouragement and doubt, my Dad said, "Are you sure that it is God who is moving you on?" That helped me so much. If God is leading you in a direction away from Kenya, don't give in to thoughts that you are a failure. It's all part of His perfect plan, even if you don't understand all the "whys" yet.
    Keep smiling! ~Joy
    P.S. Jason saw Liam yesterday, and we hope to see you while you are in Brevard. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete