Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's not fair that I get to have this much fun!

I got some pictures up for you again! These first ones are of our house-mates Monday night dinner. It is a mandatory gathering of the six of us. Automatic demerits for being late or absent! We started off the meeting with Jub's delicious Thai cooking. Going clockwise from my empty chair is Ad, our designated house male - a Thai native, Cori from Idaho, Jub a native, Chelsey from Texas here to teach metal-working, and Hannah from London. When I took my third serving of rice to help buffer the amazing Thai spice, the two Thai's cheered and clapped! It startled me, but I accepted with a polite bow... Cori leaned in to tell me the best way to win the heart of a Thai is through eating - the more the better!
After dinner came music time. Everyone in the house plays guitar which makes for fun jams! Jub wanted to learn some "American dancing," so Cori and I jumped right into the electric slide. What a laugh to see two Thai's, an english girl, and a conservative southern baptist learning the electric slide to the slowest country music we could find! Ha!


Friday we celebrated this month's birthdays. We gathered for worship, games, and yummy food! One of the games left the losers covered in baby powder... you can see that Cori got the short stick:) Friday was Liam's birthday too! So, I brought a picture of the two of us to the party and everyone sang to him! He never showed up for his piece of cake, so I felt obliged to pick up his slack and ate it for him!









No comments:

Post a Comment