Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thai Massage!

back massage.jpg
My Thai housemate Ad took me for a Thai massage last night. Wowee! It was just over $3 for a full hour! I was given traditional Thai clothes to wear: a baggy button down shirt and HUGE pants with a tie at the waist... I own a pair of these pants from the last time I was in the east... but I have yet to figure out a good way to use the tie to secure them. So, I did what any good westerner would do in such a situation, I laid down without a word hoping no one would notice my ignorance! The little lady went at my muscles like a gangster to a gringo! She elbowed them, slapped them, punched them, pulled them this way and pushed them that way, she folded them and pressed on them until they screamed, then she stepped on them. She walked all over them until they had no energy left and submitted fully to her wrath. Needless to say, today I am soar.

Don't get me wrong; it was great! I will do it again before I leave, but I will be sure my health insurance has come through in full first!

4 comments:

  1. almost nothing good comes without some suffering. That is so strange. massage good, pain bad. Not though, your muscles are ready for God's work. Peace and Joy. Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Skye: Last night, I was thinking of you when I ready this scripture:

    1 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently... 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:1-2

    In your work, I pray that you can carry the burdens of others and help restore their spirit but always be mindful of your own. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story about the little Thai masseuse with such vigor towards your muscles! Dad would love it and finally get the massage he always wanted. $3 what an amazing deal!!! Get one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one of those! I bet after the soarness goes you'll be loose as a goose. Jealous!) Will gave me a free neck rub yesterday but I didn't let him walk on me. Maybe next time. We are praying a rooting for you daily. Stay safe and know we love you bunches and are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete