Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Thousand Words...

My housemate Cori has let me use her computer to download some pictures for you all!

On my road trip from Alabama to California with my friends Sally and
Heather we stopped at the grand canyon and hiked for a day. That night we drove to Las Vegas stopping by the Hoover Dam at night.





The street I live on in Bangkok.

Yesterday - Saturday - I spent mainly in rest and relaxation here at the house, reading, writing, napping, etc.

In the evening Chelsey and Cori and I took a taxi to a park in another part of the city. The park was beautiful. Several lakes/rivers, flowers, benches, trees, grassy spots, some fruit trees. The sun set while we were there. It was calm and nice to be outside walking. There were lots of runners, lovers, families and photographers.

Today, I woke up early - 6:30 - to the sound of howling and barking dogs, roosters and a motorbike. I saw beautiful orange and pink sunrise clouds over the banana tree-tops out my barred windows. I am glad for my house-mates sleeping in so I can have the living area to myself for french press, toast and quiet time while the city is still cool and quiet with morning.









2 comments:

  1. We're glad you made it there safely. Love the pictures. Are those giant lily pads? Stay safe and know that you are in our hearts and prayers. Love, Alicia, Bill & Will Chambless

    ReplyDelete